Welcome to our Ultralight Life! We are two mid-30s professionals on a life adventure. We’re too young to retire but refuse to wait until retirement to start living the lives we really want.
We’ve thrown ourselves off the “meeting the expectations of others” train and are instead forming a new and experimental path of our own choosing.
We dislike tradition, restriction, regulation, and HOAs. We avoid physical and virtual things that are heavy and tie us down. We’re not interested in acquiring “things” for the sake of having more.
This quote from Ellen Goodman says it best:
“Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for – in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.”
We don’t want to be normal. Instead, we want:
- a light and simple lifestyle,
- to create value where there was none before,
- to learn and experience new things,
- to constantly challenge ourselves and others,
- a modular career and multiple revenue streams,
- to focus on our professional and recreational passions, and
- the freedom to live the way we want and how we want.
We do this through the businesses we start, the people we partner with, the products we buy, the gear we love, the places we go, and the unique ways we live life.
Together, we are upgrading the status quo and this is the story of our adventures.